Sunday, September 16, 2012

Treasure Basket: Baking

So far, I have made 2 baskets and have only used one.  So, I'm going to show you that one today.
"Baking" Treasure Basket
What's in the Basket:
  • Whisk
  • Wooden stirring spoon
  • Pot holder
  • Mixing bowl & lid
  • Paper muffin liners
  • Foil stars
  • Measuring cups (1 glass, 1 plastic)
  • 2 Measuring spoons in individual sizes
  • I added a couple more items after this picture was taken:
  • A large metal stirring spoon
  • One of those food mashers, metal with a wooden handle
Kendrick had a blast playing with this, and lasted about 30 minutes (awesome, I did not expect him to be entertained that long!) just completely intrigued with everything inside!

You can see the masher, and the spoon that I added here.
He was so into what he was doing that he didn't even notice Mommy taking pictures!

What I like about these baskets is that while Kendrick is able to explore these items and learn about his senses, I am also able to sit down and play with him, and teach him while I do.  We discuss which items are bigger & smaller.  We made music with the spoons & things.  And we (I) talked about the differences in the textures and what each thing is used for in the kitchen.

This is definitely NOT something I will leave him unsupervised with.  He still likes to explore with his mouth quite a bit, and has come up with very creative ways to use some of the things that could be dangerous.  So, I recommend if you are thinking of making something like this to make sure to monitor your children closely with these!! :) 

If you would like to learn more about Treasure Baskets, and how to make them, click here!

Thank you for reading!!

xoxo
Heidi

You might also enjoy:

Treasure Baskets:
Getting Started

No comments:

Post a Comment